February 28, 2024
12:30PM - 1:30PM EST
Impact of MDS:5-Star Factors Webinar
Proactive’s MDS experts will provide clarity on crucial performance areas impacted by the RAI process, avoiding common errors and driving outcomes through MDS accuracy in your facility.
This is the fourth session in a five-part webinar series hosted in partnership with Proactive LTC Consultants.
The Five-StaQuality Rating System was created by CMS in 2009 to help consumers, their families, and caregivers compare nursing homes. With the updates to MDS 3.0 on 10/1/2023, including the removal of section G of the MDS, both the staff and quality measure domains have significant revisions that could impact the facility’s overall star rating. Many of the Quality Measures that are utilized in the Five Star Rating system were calculated based either directly or indirectly through risk adjustments on data from Section G. The Quality Measure domain will be undergoing a significant overhaul with this change over. This course will provide an overview of the impact of these changes.
- Participants will articulate an understanding of key changes to how the Five Star rating is calculated.
- Participant will identify critical implications for the facility overall star rating based on the changes to the staffing and QM domains.
- Participants will discuss strategies to improvement coding functional status and avoid functional declines that impact quality outcomes in the SNF.
- 15 mins: Overview of the of how the Five Star Rating is calculated
- 30 mins: Impact of the October 1, 2023 updates on the Five star rating with focus of key changes to the Staffing and Quality Measure Domains
- 15 mins: Strategies to optimize the facility Five Star Rating
MDS Coordinators, Nursing Leadership, Interdisciplinary Team
The February 28th session is the fourth session in a five-part webinar series.
Additional sessions are scheduled on the following Wednesdays each week from 12:30 - 1:30 p.m. ET
- March 6: MDS Systems & Mechanisms for Care Plan Effectiveness
Download the Impact of MDS Series Flyer for full session descriptions for each webinar. Visit our website education calendar to register for additional sessions.
- Christine Twombly, RN-BC, RAC-MT, RAC-MTA, HCRM, CHC
NAB Approved Contact Hours & CEUs
Each session is eligible for one contact hour (NAB). Proactive Medical Review will award the contact hour for primary registrants who provide their NAB ID at the time of registration and attend the full session.
Each session is eligible for one CEU for licensed Indiana administrators and licensed Indiana social workers. LeadingAge Indiana will award the Indiana-specific CEU for each individual who signs the CEU Sign-In form returned to LAIN after a session. Signing the CEU Sign-in form attests that you have listened to the webinar in full.
Please note that in order to receive continuing education credits for this webinar, you MUST login via the webinar software on your computer, or via the mobile app. We are unable to grant continuing education units for those who call in by phone only without doing so through the GoToWebinar application on your phone. As a registered participant, you will receive access to the webinar recordings. No CEUs are given for watching the recording.
- LAIN, INALA, IHPCO and HOPE members: $65
- Eligible LAIN Samaritan Alliance members: $32.50
- Eligible INALA Samaritan Alliance members: $48.75
- Non-members: $100
Cost covers ONE (1) connection to each month's live webinar presentation, copies of each month's slide deck, and access to a recording of each month's presentation. Multiple staff members may participate in live webinar presentation from, the single connection. If multiple individuals wish to participate from different locations / different campuses, additional registrations are required.
Questions? Contact Emily Berger.