February 20, 2024
12:30PM - 1:30PM EST
Documentation In-Depth Webinar: Supportive Documentation for Behavioral Health and Mental Illness
This presentation is designed to equip healthcare professionals with the essential skills and knowledge required to create supportive documentation for individuals with behavioral health needs.
In the dynamic and demanding environment of SNFs/NFs, accurate and comprehensive documentation is paramount. This presentation is designed to equip healthcare professionals with the essential skills and knowledge required to create supportive and nuanced documentation for individuals with behavioral health needs. Participants will be equipped to navigate the intricacies of documenting behavioral health and mental illness and gain a comprehensive understanding of regulatory and ethical considerations, enhanced communication strategies, and practical approaches to creating supportive documentation that promotes individualized and compassionate care for residents with behavioral health needs.
1. Participants will understand the importance of specificity and detail in capturing behavioral patterns to support accurate assessments and interventions.
2. Participants will acquire skills to identify potential risks, document de-escalation techniques, and communicate preventative measures.
3. Participants will develop effective communication skills for documenting behavioral health incidents, ensuring clarity and precision in conveying relevant information.
15 min - Explore the dynamics of behavioral health documentation and importance of capturing behavioral patterns, emotional states, and responses to interventions.
15 min - Review the importance of communication and collaboration with mental health professionals and IDT to ensure accurate and cohesive documentation.
15 min - Discuss strategies for documenting risk assessments and crisis intervention plans including de-escalation techniques and preventive measures.
15 min - Emphasize the significance of cultural competence and trauma-informed considerations within documentation.
Nursing staff, DONs, Risk/Fall management
Additional Documentation In-Depth Webinar Sessions
This is the second of 12 monthly webinar sessions. Sessions are scheduled on the following Tuesdays each month from 12:30 - 1:30 p.m. ET. You may register for each session individually by clicking on the date next to each session title.
- March 19: Supportive Documentation for Pain Management
- April 16: Supportive Documentation for Elopement Risk and Incidents
- May 21: Supportive Documentation for Dialysis Care
- June 18: Supportive Documentation for End of Life Care
- July 16: Supportive Documentation for Pressure Ulcer Prevention & Management
- August 20: Supportive Documentation for Nutrition/Hydration Services
- September 17: Supportive Documentation for Respiratory Care
- October 15: Supportive Documentation for ADL Care, Declines and Restorative Nursing
- November 19: Supportive Documentation for Skilled Care Justification
- December 17: Supportive Documentation for Infection Prevention and Control
Eleisha Wilkes, RN, GERO-BC, RAC-CTA, RAC-CT, DNS-CT
NAB Approved Contact Hours & CEUs
Each session is eligible for one contact hour (NAB). Proactive Medical Review will award the contact hour for primary registrants who provide their NAB ID at the time of registration and attend the full session.
Each session is eligible for one CEU for licensed Indiana administrators. LeadingAge Indiana will award the Indiana-specific CEU for each individual who signs the CEU Sign-In form returned to LAIN after a session. Signing the CEU Sign-in form attests that you have listened to the webinar in full.
Please note that in order to receive continuing education credits for this webinar, you MUST login via the webinar software on your computer, or via the mobile app. We are unable to grant continuing education units for those who call in by phone only without doing so through the GoToWebinar application on your phone. As a registered participant, you will receive access to the webinar recordings. No CEUs are given for watching the recording.
- LAIN, INALA, IHPCO and HOPE members: $65.00
- Eligible LAIN Samaritan Alliance members: $32.50
- Eligible INALA Samaritan Alliance members:$48.75
- Non-members: $100.00
Cost covers ONE (1) connection to each month's live webinar presentation, copies of each month's slide deck, and access to a recording of each month's presentation. Multiple staff members may participate in live webinar presentation from, the single connection. If multiple individuals wish to participate from different locations / different campuses, additional registrations are required.
Questions? Contact Emily Berger.