February 7, 2024
12:30PM - 1:30PM EST
Impact of MDS: Ripple Effect on Reimbursement Webinar
Proactive’s MDS experts will provide clarity on crucial performance areas impacted by the RAI process, avoiding common errors and driving outcomes through MDS accuracy in your facility.
This is the first session in a five-part webinar series hosted in partnership with Proactive LTC Consultants.
PDPM was implemented to improve reimbursement for Medicare Part A beneficiaries in a SNF based on patient characteristics instead of the volume of services provided. A strong understanding of this payment model is critical to accurate Medicare reimbursement. This course will detail documentation requirements to support key components of the PDPM including accurate assignment of ICD.10 diagnosis codes, functional status as coded in section GG and the other key sections of the MDS that impact payment. An overview of common coding errors and their impact on reimbursement will be discussed.
- Participants will identify the components of PDPM and how they impact reimbursement.
- Participants will identify 2 common areas of missed reimbursement opportunity.
- Participants will be able to Identify interdisciplinary assessment strategies to maximize timely data gathering and communication.
- 30 min: Review the components of PDPM and discuss how the MDS coding impacts each component.
- 15 min: Discuss interdisciplinary processes to the timely completion of the functional assessment and resident interviews
- 15 min: Discuss strategies for strengthening supportive documentation and MDS coding accuracy to avoid missed reimbursement opportunities.
MDS Coordinators, Nursing Leadership, Interdisciplinary Team
The February 7th session is the first session in a five-part webinar series.
Additional sessions are scheduled on the following Wednesdays each week from 12:30 - 1:30 p.m. ET
- February 14: MDS Influence on the Quality Measures
- February 21: MDS Influence on Spades and SNF QRP
- February 28: MDS Five Star Factors
- March 6: MDS Systems & Mechanisms for Care Plan Effectiveness
Download the Impact of MDS Series Flyer for full session descriptions for each webinar. Visit our website education calendar to register
- Christine Twombly, RN-BC, RAC-MT, RAC-MTA, HCRM, CHC
NAB Approved Contact Hours & CEUs
Each session is eligible for one contact hour (NAB). Proactive Medical Review will award the contact hour for primary registrants who provide their NAB ID at the time of registration and attend the full session.
Each session is eligible for one CEU for licensed Indiana administrators and licensed Indiana social workers. LeadingAge Indiana will award the Indiana-specific CEU for each individual who signs the CEU Sign-In form returned to LAIN after a session. Signing the CEU Sign-in form attests that you have listened to the webinar in full.
Please note that in order to receive continuing education credits for this webinar, you MUST login via the webinar software on your computer, or via the mobile app. We are unable to grant continuing education units for those who call in by phone only without doing so through the GoToWebinar application on your phone. As a registered participant, you will receive access to the webinar recordings. No CEUs are given for watching the recording.
- LAIN, INALA, IHPCO and HOPE members: $65
- Eligible LAIN Samaritan Alliance members: $32.50
- Eligible INALA Samaritan Alliance members: $48.75
- Non-members: $100
Cost covers ONE (1) connection to each month's live webinar presentation, copies of each month's slide deck, and access to a recording of each month's presentation. Multiple staff members may participate in live webinar presentation from, the single connection. If multiple individuals wish to participate from different locations / different campuses, additional registrations are required.
Questions? Contact Emily Berger.