February 14, 2024
12:30PM - 1:30PM EST
Impact of MDS: Influence on Quality Measures Webinar
Proactive’s MDS experts will provide clarity on crucial performance areas impacted by the RAI process, avoiding common errors and driving outcomes through MDS accuracy in your facility.
This is the second session in a five-part webinar series hosted in partnership with Proactive LTC Consultants.
Quality measures are tools that help us measure or quantify healthcare processes, outcomes, patient perceptions, and systems that are associated with the ability to provide high-quality health care. The QM calculations have undergone significant revisions because of the updates to the MDS effective 10/1/2023. This session will review Quality Measure revisions, applicable definitions, and changes to how each MDS-based measure is calculated with a focus on ways in which facilities can improve quality outcomes with a QAPI driven approach to the data.
- Participants will articulate key MDS data elements that are used to measure quality as it relates to functional outcomes.
- Participant will identify three quality measures that have been revised due to the transition from Section G to Section GG to assess functional status.
- Participants will develop an understanding of how to utilize the CASPER reports to Interpret data and establish benchmarks for quality improvement.
- 30 min: Review of the MDS Quality Measures definitions and calculations with a focus on the MDS data element changes that impact the measures
- 15 min: Review of CASPER QM reports used for QM monitoring
- 10 min: Interpreting data and performance improvement considerations
- 5 min: Closing comments and Q&A
MDS Coordinators, Nursing Leadership, Interdisciplinary Team
The February 14th session is the second session in a five-part webinar series.
Additional sessions are scheduled on the following Wednesdays each week from 12:30 - 1:30 p.m. ET
- February 21: MDS Influence on Spades and SNF QRP
- February 28: MDS Five Star Factors
- March 6: MDS Systems & Mechanisms for Care Plan Effectiveness
Download the Impact of MDS Series Flyer for full session descriptions for each webinar. Visit our website education calendar to register for additional sessions.
- Christine Twombly, RN-BC, RAC-MT, RAC-MTA, HCRM, CHC
NAB Approved Contact Hours & CEUs
Each session is eligible for one contact hour (NAB). Proactive Medical Review will award the contact hour for primary registrants who provide their NAB ID at the time of registration and attend the full session.
Each session is eligible for one CEU for licensed Indiana administrators and licensed Indiana social workers. LeadingAge Indiana will award the Indiana-specific CEU for each individual who signs the CEU Sign-In form returned to LAIN after a session. Signing the CEU Sign-in form attests that you have listened to the webinar in full.
Please note that in order to receive continuing education credits for this webinar, you MUST login via the webinar software on your computer, or via the mobile app. We are unable to grant continuing education units for those who call in by phone only without doing so through the GoToWebinar application on your phone. As a registered participant, you will receive access to the webinar recordings. No CEUs are given for watching the recording.
- LAIN, INALA, IHPCO and HOPE members: $65
- Eligible LAIN Samaritan Alliance members: $32.50
- Eligible INALA Samaritan Alliance members: $48.75
- Non-members: $100
Cost covers ONE (1) connection to each month's live webinar presentation, copies of each month's slide deck, and access to a recording of each month's presentation. Multiple staff members may participate in live webinar presentation from, the single connection. If multiple individuals wish to participate from different locations / different campuses, additional registrations are required.
Questions? Contact Emily Berger.