February 21, 2024
12:30PM - 1:30PM EST
Impact of MDS: Influence on QRP Webinar
Proactive’s MDS experts will provide clarity on crucial performance areas impacted by the RAI process, avoiding common errors and driving outcomes through MDS accuracy in your facility.
This is the third session in a five-part webinar series hosted in partnership with Proactive LTC Consultants.
The SNF Quality Reporting Program creates quality reporting requirements, as mandated by the Improving Medicare Post-Acute Care Transformation Act of 2014 (IMPACT Act). The IMPACT ACT requires the reporting of standardized patient assessment data with regard to quality measures and standardized patient assessment data elements across post-acute care settings. SNFs report this data primarily through the submission of MDS assessments for Medicare Part A beneficiaries. The MDS updates effective October 1, 2023 marked the most significant change to the MDS 3.0 since its inception in2010. Many of the data element changes on the MDS assessment relate to the Standardized Patient Assessment Data Elements (SPADES). The accurate completion of these new SPADES items is critical to the SNF Quality Reporting Program (QRP). In addition, several changes to SNF QRP were finalized in the FY2024 SNF PPS Final Ruel. During this session we will also provide an overview of these changes and detail the impact of key MDS data elements on the SNF QRP program.
- Participants will key MDS items the Impact SNF QRP.
- Participants will understand the significance of accurate and timely reporting of data to avoid payment reductions.
- Participants will learn practical approaches to avoid non compliance with the reporting requirements.
- 15 min: Review the IMPACT act as it related to SPADES and SNF Quality Reporting Program `
- 15 min: Discuss the new SPADEs MDS items used in the Calculation of the two new SNF QRP Measures related to the Transfer of Health Information
- 15 min: Review the changes to the SNF QRP Measures and policy finalized in the FY2024 SNF PPS Final Rule
- 15 min: Discuss strategies to maintain completion with the reporting threshold for SNF QRP and optimize the quality outcomes for the measures
MDS Coordinators, Nursing Leadership, Interdisciplinary Team
The February 21st session is the third session in a five-part webinar series.
Additional sessions are scheduled on the following Wednesdays each week from 12:30 - 1:30 p.m. ET
- February 28: MDS Five Star Factors
- March 6: MDS Systems & Mechanisms for Care Plan Effectiveness
Download the Impact of MDS Series Flyer for full session descriptions for each webinar. Visit our website education calendar to register for additional sessions.
- Christine Twombly, RN-BC, RAC-MT, RAC-MTA, HCRM, CHC
NAB Approved Contact Hours & CEUs
Each session is eligible for one contact hour (NAB). Proactive Medical Review will award the contact hour for primary registrants who provide their NAB ID at the time of registration and attend the full session.
Each session is eligible for one CEU for licensed Indiana administrators and licensed Indiana social workers. LeadingAge Indiana will award the Indiana-specific CEU for each individual who signs the CEU Sign-In form returned to LAIN after a session. Signing the CEU Sign-in form attests that you have listened to the webinar in full.
Please note that in order to receive continuing education credits for this webinar, you MUST login via the webinar software on your computer, or via the mobile app. We are unable to grant continuing education units for those who call in by phone only without doing so through the GoToWebinar application on your phone. As a registered participant, you will receive access to the webinar recordings. No CEUs are given for watching the recording.
- LAIN, INALA, IHPCO and HOPE members: $65
- Eligible LAIN Samaritan Alliance members: $32.50
- Eligible INALA Samaritan Alliance members: $48.75
- Non-members: $100
Cost covers ONE (1) connection to each month's live webinar presentation, copies of each month's slide deck, and access to a recording of each month's presentation. Multiple staff members may participate in live webinar presentation from, the single connection. If multiple individuals wish to participate from different locations / different campuses, additional registrations are required.
Questions? Contact Emily Berger.